At our agency, many clients are starting pages on Facebook and becoming more active in social media, so I am happy to report that we’ll have a feature about social media published in the March issue of the The O&P EDGE.
In the meantime, I thought I’d publish a teaser with some ideas to “post” on Facebook or “tweet” about on Twitter.
These are the basic content models you want to include in your mix:
- Status updates. What are you working on? What has your attention at the moment? For example, are you fitting a particularly interesting case? Take some photos in fabrication and talk about the custom work you do. Will you be going to the Academy Meeting? Post some photos of you with new products or talk about what new things you are learning.
- Share links. Whether it’s breaking news or valuable resources, share links that would be of interest to the people who have an interest in your business. Look for new products to showcase or stories in the news on your field.
- Have an opinion. Add your own commentary to links and help people get to know you as you share information.
- Ask and answer questions. Google doesn’t have the answer to everything. Sometimes there’s just no substitute for a human being. Show your expertise to patients and referral sources.
- Retweet or post a link. Did someone you follow share something interesting? You can repost it to your own network. It’s simple and quick, and it acknowledges the person who originally sent it by giving them a little extra exposure.
- Make business announcements. Yes, you can directly make announcements about your business events, deals, new products, etc. Have a new CPO starting? Moving an office? It is a great way to share good news. Just don’t overdo it.
Stay tuned for more info in March! In the meantime, have fun and make your day matter!