- Human Interest
- O&P Practitioner
- Physical Therapist
- Other Healthcare Professional
Responses: Most durable cosmetic skin for transtibial prosthesis
Posted By: Jeremiah Uronis on January 29, 2011
I would like to get some opinions on what is the most durable cosmetic skin
for a transtibial prosthesis. I have a 10 year girl who is likely to beat it
1. Nothing will last on a ten year old child. Therefore, we end doing a
lot of Exo finishes. A secondary exo skin is an option if you can make that
work. Good luck.
2. Try Daw skins... They have a new feature which allows you to remove
and replace, and they come with a 1 year WARRANTY!
3. Seattle Cosmesis from Trulife. Will never hurt it!
4. The best option is just make it an exo leg. I have an 8 year old
who managed to destroy every skin made and that was her only option.
5. Take a look at the Skinergy Skins from Steeper. In the past they
were difficult to glue to the socket. They are now backed with a fabric of
some sorts that seems to make them tougher and they adhere to the socket
6. I think Alethia and Skinergys are pretty durable.
7. I have found as a user and a Prosthetist that the DAW skins are very
durable. If you are willing to have endless customer service calls, you can
|The message above was posted to OANDP-L, the e-mail discussion list for orthotics and prosthetics.|